I already miss St. Mike's. Yikes. It's going to be a long summer.
So here it is, the Top 5 Things I Miss About SMC...already...
1. Alliot. Yes. I said it. I miss the dining hall. At home I have to make my own sandwich? What? There's only like one option? Really? I do enjoy fending for myself from time to time, but I do miss how easy it is to waltz into Alliot and grab food.
2. Living away from home. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of freedom at home, but it's nice to be at school and not have to tell anyone where you're going or what you're up to. Plus, my bed was much more comfortable at school, which I'll never understand.
3. Having something to do all the time. I've been so at a loss as far as finding things to do while I'm home alone. Like I said, too many episodes of The Office. I should not have been able to get through a season and a half in like three days.
4. Being so close to Burlington. I'm so used to being able to drive down in five minutes and just wander Church Street or the Waterfront for something to do. I hate to spend the money on gas to get there just to keep myself occupied for a little while. St. Albans is lovely, but it's not quite the same...
5. My friends being literally right outside of my room. I'm not used to not having someone to hang out with whenever I'm bored. What am I going to do without all of my fabulous friends ALL SUMMER?!
I do miss SMC, but I'm excited it's summer (although I don't think VT knows yet...it's SO COLD out) and I'm even more excited to start work at the Tyler Place. [Read this post from last summer if you want to know about my incredible summer job.] This summer's going to fly by and all of a sudden you'll be able find me at Townhouse 309!
No comments:
Post a Comment