SIDE NOTE: I think someone snuck into my room and ripped all of my clothes off of the shelves and threw them on the floor. It might have been me, but I'm not giving up on finding someone else to blame for the massacre of my single. END SIDE NOTE.
To combat the constant distractions that come while working in my room I make the trek to the library. The lib has some fun study spots. There is a super quiet area in the basement for those who like complete silence. There are also small tables for individual work scattered around and a few couches on the first floor. My consistent favorite spots are the big tables for group work or just a place to sit with friends. I may get slightly less work done, but going to the lib with friends definitely helps time go by while you're working. However, in my search for the PERFECT study spot I had never considered what could possibly be my new favorite...guess what that means...story time!
The other day I was meeting a friend to work and she told me she was in the snack room, which is sometimes called "The Den". I originally found this to be fairly comical as her favorite part of studying is often the constant snacking that occurs during our hours of math. When I walked in I immediately took back the "hahahahaha you would be" text I sent her when she informed me of her genius location. A bunch of her friends were sitting on the couch and at the booths, all working, but also talking and having what looked like a fabulous time. It's the best of all of the regular spots. You can sit on the comfy couch, in a booth with friends, or at a smaller table alone. It's bright and happy, but not messy, detracting from distraction factors. AND YOU'RE IN THE ROOM THAT HOLDS ALL OF THE VENDING MACHINES.
PERFECT.
The worst part of going to a new lib to work is trying to find the right place. So I just decided (on the fly, spontaneous-like) that every time I happen to be doing work in a different place I'll try to take a few pics and post them randomly. This way you'll be acquainted with the best spots around for your future time here and can get straight to work instead of wandering aimlessly. (Unless you're procrastinating and would like to wander in which case I TOTALLY understand.)


Quick note: It is, as mentioned, the snack room, so you have to realize that you can't always count on having it to yourself. Random groups of friends may wander in for a 25 minute study break to talk about the Spice Girls (not that I didn't have an opinion on their choice of a favorite song) or to take extended periods of time to choose between trail mix and Fritos. (Fritos is quite obviously the correct choice) These things must be taken into account when choosing to plop down on this comfy red couch to do productive things like procrastinate and write blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment