"10 page paper. 1/2 a page in. due in 23 hours. in the lib dungeon. while it snows outside. is my life for real right now?"
Let's examine this.
"10 pager due in less than 24 hours" Terrifying. I ended up spending about 10 hours in the lib yesterday. Not the most fun. In my defense, I thought the paper was due Friday rather than today.
Helpful Hint for College #1: Keep a planner.
Helpful Hint for College #2: When you write things in your planner make sure you look at them every so often to make sure things are not due two days before you thought they were.
"In the lib dungeon." That's right. Picture time. What I've deemed "the dungeon", as I'm sure many of other SMC students may have also done, is the basement of the lib. For a lot people this is a regular study spot. There are many little cubbies and secluded mini-rooms for those that like complete silence and no distractions while working. I'm not one of these people and the basement scares me a little, so most of the time you would not find me down here. However, this is what my life had come to. I hid myself away in a little cubby with my headphones and my computer and got down to business.
For me and many other procrastinators this is the perfect place to come when you just need to sit down and get things done. Like a 10 page paper due at 1 pm the next day. I'm just glad it wasn't extreme enough to need to hide away in a room.



"while it snows outside." That's right. You're not reading dates wrong or getting confused. Yesterday was in fact April 27. It snowed ALL DAY LONG. Sometimes Vermont likes to throw curve balls and really freak people out. A couple years ago it snowed sometime around October 10th. There's really no telling what will happen. Don't worry though, the weather is already getting nicer and it's supposed to be sunny and 75 on Saturday. Thank you Vermont, for keeping us on our toes. Check out the view from the lib. (The only place I went yesterday aside from class and my dinner break in Alliot)
"is my life for real right now?" When you're in the lib for just a little too long sometimes things get a little crazy. Luckily I wasn't all by myself the whole time. I had a little math to do so I migrated to a small table with Liane (who was also working on the paper) and Coligny (who I do math with constantly). This doesn't mean I avoided the crazy. You've got to have a little fun sometime! (Fun is relative when you're on hour 8 of 10 or so in the lib.)
Coligny goes a little nuts organizing her M&M's. She eats them bottom up in case you were wondering...
Liane loves writing papers. She really really does.
Now that I've completed my big paper and have handed in my math assignment I'm looking forward to a nice night of the missed Glee episode in the Liane and Coligny Ranch. That's the nice thing about having more work than you can handle. Afterwards you enjoy having nothing to do just that much more!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. So much.
ReplyDelete