Monday, March 19, 2012

End of the Ski Season

I've been MIA for far too long. Life was crazy busy with the end of ski season and the week before Spring Break. I figured this would be a good post to wrap up the ski season in.

With the weather this winter being completely crazy the last two races were moved to what seemed to be just about the only snow in New England. The Williams Carnival was moved to Craftsbury, VT and the Middlebury Carnival was held at Trapp's making it the third carnival there this year.

Williams was actually only one day of racing due to the move. We all did a 10k classic on a really fun course. There was one absolutely brutal hill, but the wax was good and it was a nice day, so it was pretty enjoyable.

Girls getting ready for the last race!
The Middlebury carnival was absolutely crazy. I ended up getting a sickness just before and had a ridiculous chest cold, which was extremely inconvenient. I raced the 5k skate on Friday and sat out the 15k classic. While we had gotten very little snow all season, winter was back with a vengeance. It was white out conditions the entire day making the race slow and painful for many.
The pack coming through the first lap.
One of the big pluses from the day was watching Chloe ski her way to a 30th place finish. It was a really fun race to watch as she moved up through the pack and even passed a Harvard girl in the last k to solidify her 30th place.

I can't believe skiing is over. The season went by so unbelievably fast. While I absolutely loved my last season and had an incredible time, I'm glad to be a regular student again. This school year is going far too fast. I'm not ready at all to graduate and skiing ending was just one more thing to check off the list. I just want this year to never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment