| Cat Popper, GPN |
I was also really excited to hear that the opener would be Barefoot Truth. The band has a really unique sound mixing folk, rock, raggae, and jazz using lots of different instruments you wouldn't normally see a band play. I found them on iTunes in high school and really got into their music. They've been at Higher Ground quite a few times since then, but I've always had some reason I couldn't go. As soon as they started their set I knew that it was a huge mistake not to work around some things to go see them. They were energetic and jumping around and overall a lot of fun. Plus, the music was SO GOOD live. Not to mention, two of the members of the band are St. Mike's alumni.
It was good to have really incredible local acts highlighted at SMC. I had an absolutely incredible time at the concert. I plan on seeing Grace again whenever she's back in VT and I'll definitely see Barefoot whenever they make it back to Higher Ground.
Check out the videos from the show! The first is "Broken Road" by Barefoot Truth. The beginning features a didgeridoo. So cool.
Check out the videos from the show! The first is "Broken Road" by Barefoot Truth. The beginning features a didgeridoo. So cool.
The second is GPN's "Low Road," which is one of my favorite songs from the album and my very favorite song to hear live. Grace absolutely belts it, as you'll hear, and trust me, it's even better in person. Insane. *Note: please ignore the bobbing head. The kid in front of me had incredibly fluffy hair and really couldn't decide which way he wanted to sway to. I did my very best.*
The last is the most popular GPN song, "Paris," and was played as the encore of the show.
No comments:
Post a Comment