Monday, November 1, 2010

2 Weeks of Halloween

It's been a real long time since the last post. I think it's time for an update.

Pre-race pic of the ladies
We've been celebrating Halloween for quite some time now...The Ooky Spooky fun run was the day after the SMC invite the weekend before last. It was a great course and benefited COTS, a program for the homeless in our area. It was obviously a pretty relaxed run as we had time for a self timer pic on the section on the beach...
Self-timer beach pic. Beautiful.
I love this one. I'm the super star toward the back...
We've been really prepared for the holiday in the suite. I like to think that we might be the most festive suite around. It's got to be a pretty close competition if we're not.
Please note the streamers...that was all me.

Nordic girls! (Silke, Larissa, me, Kat)
On Friday night we got the alpine and nordic ski teams together for a little meet and greet. Our two teams share a ski room, but literally have no idea who the people on the other team are. This makes for some pretty awkward waxing sessions. Hopefully we can continue to get to know the alpine team and, well, i don't know, be friends. Wouldn't that just be a turn around from last year?

Me and Gabbi
It was especially good considering Gabbi and I finally hung out after being strictly blogging buddies for so long. As it turns out we're both big fans of breaking it down, especially to Ke$ha. We're also usually the only ones doing so. This could be the start to something very beautiful and full of far too much dancing...










Abby, me, Lauren, Erin, Carly, Lauren, and Sam
And then it was Saturday night. At SMC this entails costumes in Alliot and the Halloween Dance. Now, I'm a big fan of Halloween. It's definitely up there on my holiday list. One thing I'm not a big fan of is spending money. Some people go out and buy actual costumes for an absurd amount of money. I'm all about using my resources and being creative.

My roommates and I were crayons (as I hope you can tell). I spent maybe $20 and LOVED my costume. We just sat in our common room staring at each other and laughing. We couldn't believe how good they all came out when we put them together!
I loved these whistles.
Doogs, Andrea Bot, and me at the dance
We've been going at the Halloween thing for a while now, so it's looking like it's time to move on. Quite sad. I love this time of year, though. So many holidays! Helloooo Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment