During the summer it really depends on the person. Our coach sends out a training schedule and it's really up to you whether or not you follow it. I have a hard time keeping to it.
In season our schedule is generally
Monday - off
Tuesday - intervals (usually 4-6 x 3-4 min)
Wednesday - hour easy pool workout in the am, 0-30 min run and easy strength in the pm
Thursday - short speed intervals
Friday - easy 30-45 min run
Saturday - race (5k)
Sunday - long run (1 - 1 1/2 hours)
It's actually not as much running as you might expect. Even when I was bouncing back from bronchitis at the beginning of the season I wasn't really overwhelmed by the amount I was running. Plus, you get into shape really quickly.
Hope that helps! Let me know if I can clarify!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
How much do you train for XC?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment